Friday, April 16, 2010

Office party events - WHY??

I'm 35, and I work for a billing department for a medical company, but for some strange reason our department is the ONLY department that plans events. I would'nt mind so much, but their ideas are really, really lame. They get their event ideas mostly from GRANDPA. (ex. This past summer they hosted a Gong Show party. Now their going to do a pie eating contest for Halloween) I'm not the only one who's tired of these things, but most of the other employees, just do it for the hell of it. I mostly figure they do these things to keep their employees happy. Can anyone else explain why they need to do this?

Office party events - WHY??
I cringed whenever the 'company parties' took place. I knew what was coming and wanted nothing to do with them.


I missed the first one by accident, but the stories I heard about it later convinced me that it was a good accident. After that, I missed them all.


It could be they just want a chance to socialize together and get more comfortable with each other. It could make the work place a little easier to deal with.


Or it could be because they don't have much of a life outside of work and want to celebrate things together.


I'd say if you don't like the idea, then don't go, or just make a cameo appearance and duck out after an hour or so claiming to have other commitments.


Maybe you could suggest something better when you hear their silly ideas and make it worth your while. But don't be too nasty, as silly as their ideas are, some one actually put a lot of work into the planning of these parties.
Reply:It tells their boss that they are trying to make this office work as a team and a family.

white teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment