Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Main Events in the book My Brother,My Sister, and I?

Please help me I am doing a report and I need help in majour event that happend in the book if any one can find information or tell me main events that would be fantastic. Thank You!

Main Events in the book My Brother,My Sister, and I?
this sounds like homework, but maybe this will help a little:


My brother, My Sister, and I by Yoko Kawashima is the story of three children in this sequel to Watkins' fictionalized autobiography So Far from the Bamboo Grove. thirteen-year-old Yoko, her sister Ko, and her brother Hideyo live together in post-World War II Japan, struggling to make a life for themselves after their harrowing escape from Korea. Yoko's family was stationed in North Korea during World War II while Yoko's father worked as a Japanese government official in nearby Manchuria, but they were forced to flee the country when Russian and Korean Communists escalated their war against Japan and drove the Japanese people out of Korea. her writing is so eerily true, just imagine what she must have gone through having her mother die at such a young age, and to not know what had happened to her father. It must have been truly awful for the three siblings to deal with having their great friends the Matsumeras being murdered in their own warehouse. Never mind being accused of the murder themselves. I thought it was very brave of Ko to go into the warehouse and get mother's ashes, the family sword, and the wrapping clothe bundle.





I like how Yoko explained the steps of Ko's recovery in the hospital. I wish that she had explained more in depth about Hideo's job. She didn't explain too much about it except for explaining his job changes. She did do a great job explaining her school life. It must have made her feel awful to get made fun of every day by all of the girls I her class. She also did a good job talking about her friendship with Mr. Naido. Without him her life at school would have been completely miserable.


No comments:

Post a Comment