Monday, May 4, 2009

How do I share events between different Yahoo! Group Calendars?

I have one larger master event calendar that I work with. I would like to add specific events from this calendar to the calendar of another more focused Group.





I have noticed that the Groups calendar will allow me to add events to my own Yahoo! Calendar. Unfortunately there seems to be a transfer problem with this function: the event titles become truncated and the notes associated with the event do not transfer over at all.





Thanks for your help!

How do I share events between different Yahoo! Group Calendars?
It seems you have two questions. The first - unfortunately it isn't possible to overlay one group calendar on another group calendar, like you can with a personal calendar. that would be cool, yeah? hopefully groups will add that. you can't also add one event from one group to another. but if you have a one group that's a subset of another, you could still have one calendar and then just note which events are relevant to which group of people.





as for adding a group event to your personal calendar, it my experience it doesn't get truncated when adding to the personal calendar - it's when actually entering the event into y! groups. it, and personal calendar, allow you to paste gobs of text but it doesn't retain all that info. it does seem to have a decent amount of space though - but would be nice for them to make it clearer about the limit of that field.





I do have one suggestion that could help - if you have one event that is on your larger group, but don't want to retype it all, add it to your personal calendar and then create an invite off of it! you could add the smaller y! group email address to the invite - at least people will know about the event, know it's hosted by another group, and then you could also manage rsvps too.





good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment