Monday, May 4, 2009

Attending boyfriend's social events.?

My bf has to attend lots of social events due to his job (trade %26amp; finance) and he always wants me to attend it with him. I feel happy but the problem is that our age difference is 23 years and im still an undergrad. I've been to his social events before but i cant fit in! I've got no common topic with any of those showy people attending the event. They talk about stuffs that simply is out of my world. I dont like attending such dinners or events and i dont wanna pretend to be classy and sophisticated like wad some ladies do during the whole evening. What is a student like me gonna do at such events? We're very happy %26amp; comfy together on normal days but when it comes to attending such events, i feel like we arent suitable bcuz he lives in a diff. world. Social events like these r common and i haf 2 find a way to solve it. Wad shld i do? Force myself to attend it everytime? Or miss it everytime (is this possible?). Pls help!

Attending boyfriend's social events.?
You shouldn't be forced, or feel like you should be forced to attend these events. Your boyfriend should be very understanding of the fact that they just don't interest you. I know he wouldn't want to go to a chick flick (something like the Notebook - what guy would?). You know what I mean? There's better things you could do with your time, and if he complains you didn't go, that's crazy.
Reply:I understand that it makes you unconfortable, but I say go with your man. I dont think that you would want him to take anyone else.


No comments:

Post a Comment